Monday, May 18, 2009

9 hour long date...

Thank god it didn't feel like a 9 hour long date. I realize you can do a ton of things in 9 hours..Drive to another state and back, have a full work day...so it's amazing that I can say that from 4pm yesterday to 1am I hung out w/ Scuba. Wowza.

Scuba picked me up (yeah!!!) and we headed downtown. I asked him what his plan was and he said we were going to go down to Barrique's for a bit. Barrique's is a cute little coffee/wine shop, normally I'm not a fan of their coffee, but I got a mint iced tea instead. We sat outside, which it was decently night out for once. It was nice and casual just hanging outside talking. He talked a ton about living out in California. And wow, he can talk a ton. He kept catching himself talking a lot and would quickly ask me a question because I think he felt bad. Honestly, all the dates I go on, it seems I'm the talker and the one holding the conversation. It was nice to sit back and let him do the work.

After we finished our drinks, we headed towards the Square and walked around. Since he really didn't have a plan at all, we mosey around for a bit. We sat there at a stand still trying to decide where we should go next. He said there was an Indian restaurant down the road on W. Wash, and since I like trying new foods I figured we could go there. It was cool that he was so open to eating different foods, I'm a big advocate of dating non picky eaters. I dunno what it is, but I really don't like picky eaters. The way I grew up, we ate everything on our plate and I think that's why I am not a picky eater at all. I.eat.everything. That probably could be why I love food so much. Hmmm...

Scuba is a very easy guy to talk. He has tons of funny stories and life experiences (wow I sound like my teacher Janet when I say that) By the time we finished dinner it was 7pm..time was flying! We headed down to Lucky's bar to play shuffle board. He kept calling it shuffle puck and I told him he was wrong, it's call shuffle board. Silly boy. We played two games, while you can rock at shuffle board you can also suck at shuffle board at the same time. We each won one game. Afterwards we sat there for a bit talking. While we were talking he was saying something about the shoe slide at Vilas park. I had no idea what he was talking about. He kept saying it was his favorite thing as a kid and he couldn't believe I didn't know about the shoe slide at Vilas park even though I had been there tons of times. So I told him to prove it about this shoe slide.

We drove to Vilas park which was only a few minutes away. Upon review of the shoe slide, I still for the life of me couldn't remember this being a big attraction for me when I was little. We sat on the swings and again just kept talking. For some reason I kept imagining this was some scene from a movie, going to the park late at night and swinging and probably a bit of kissing action. But there wasn't any kiss! We were probably there for a good hour just hanging out. It was about 10 o'clock so we decided to head home.

We got back to my place and I did the thing most people say not to do on a first date. Invite the guy up. Oops. So we just hung out on the couch talking/cuddling. Oh and kissing. Some definite kissing was going on. He's a good kisser too.

So yeah, at about 1am I was falling asleep/kissing him we decided to call it a night and he went home.

Questions people will probably ask that I hate:
Did you guys make plans to go out again? No we didn't. I'm for once in my life not worried about it. So take a chill pill.

No comments: