Sunday, March 15, 2009

Where did the weekend go?

I love it that some weekends for me are spent sleeping 12 1/2 hours each day and really just sitting on the couch watching t.v. and not showering until Sunday night when I realize I need to be presentable at work the next day. Or other weekends that I'm so damn busy and I don't feel like I actually had a weekend. Well I got the busy weekend this weekend and am here to report my stuff...

I found myself driving to the Missouri Tavern Friday night while eating flaming hot Funyons, I figured with my empty stomach and for me to start drinking beer and being a bit dehydrated might not be the best option. Missouri Tavern is a bar that everyone knows your name. Well except they don't know my name because I'm not a regular by any means. It's a cute little hick bar on the outside of Middleton. We figured we would stop there for a few before we headed to the fish fry (can you see my love for fish fry?) I met up w/ my friends Kate and Fred. The way the Missouri Tavern is set up is quite odd, so the only table we could get was the one right by the front entry way. Which was fine for me, more prime guy watching. My younger brother met up w/ us and so did my cousin. The Missouri Tavern had quite the older crowd, say older than my dad's age. There were a few young cute guys that were walking in the door. They were the kind of guys who work construction. I do generally find those guys to be very attractive, something about a guy working with his hands.....oh yeah..yum. But being with where we were sitting there wasn't ample opportunity to chat up one of these guys. And after 45min of being there, drinking 3 beers and 2 apple pie shots, we figured we realized we needed to head out to the fish fry before they stopped serving. I guess w/ the combo of PBR beer, apple pie shots, and an abundant amount of fish, I wasn't feeling the greatest when we were done eating. I also knew I had a run the next morning that I needed to do. I was home by 9:30 and in bed by 9:45.

At 12:46 I got a text from the Marine "Hey what are you up to?" I text back "sleeping" thinking that he would get the hint that I'm.....SLEEPING. He texts back "That is a good thing" Umm ok, so I just ignore and go back to bed. Then at 1:08 I get from him "So does that mean you don't want to talk to me????" Ummm yeah. I'm SLEEPING. I ignore again. At 1:48 I get another text "U awake?" Ummmmmmmmmm NO I'M SLEEPING. If I was awake I'd answer you! So again, I go back to sleep (at this point I'm sure you are all wondering why I just don't turn off my phone, but it's something I just don't like to do) At 2:05 I'm dreaming of hearing my Keith Urban ring tone and I soon realize, nope I'm not dreaming, my phone is actually ringing. Sigh. I pick up noticing it is the Marine calling me. We start talking and he pretty much right away stated that I should come over. I declined due to the fact that I: again haven't shaved my legs in awhile, smell like fish fry, reek of cigarette smoke, and need to get up at 8am. Yeah, sorry dude, it ain't happening tonight. I told him he was more than welcome to come to my place, though he said he was to drunk to drive. We chatted for like an hour (yes, this is such a strange booty call relationship) I started giving him a hard time about being just a booty call, so he piped in and said that he would like to take me out to dinner Saturday night, like a date. Umm huh? Yeah, I know I give him crap about doing that but I didn't think he would actually want to take me out. He said he felt like he owed me since he put me through so much crap the last year. Hesitant/wanting him to actually take me out and treat me how I want to be treated took over and I agreed. 5% of me actually believed he would do this for me. 95% of me was hoping he would. We got off the phone and he said he would call me around 3 or 4 Saturday afternoon.

My Saturday morning and afternoon was filled with running and getting my hair cut (super duper cute cut!) By the time I got home, it was 4pm. No call. No nothing. Like I said, part of me knew this wasn't going to happen, so I can't say I was all that heart broken and bummed about it. I figured he would let me down. At 4:30 my phone rang (I actually thought it was him, but alas, it wasn't) my friend Louise was calling to see what I was up to for the night. I told her my situation and we both decided to not wait on his ass calling me and that we should meet up for dinner and drinks. We went to the Great Dane, which seems to be the bar her and I always go to. The night was filled with drinking, talking and bitching about life. She is one of those friends you just can talk to and know she won't judge you for your actions. By 10:30 we were getting antsy being at the bar and decided to head to another one. One stop at the Old Fashioned and we realized we just wanted to sit and hang out and talk and that bar wasn't the spot for us. We then went to a coffee house that was closing in 15 minutes. We ordered some tea and just talked. It amazes me some days that Louise is 21 years old. She acts so mature for her age that I sometimes forget I'm the older one. After they kicked us out of the coffee shop, we headed home for the night. My feet were killing me and I had to get up yet again for another run in the morning. I got home and went straight for bed. At 1:04 someone text me (luckily I didn't wake up from it) but if you can guess who text me you will win a fantastic prize. Haha, kidding. It was the Marine "Hey sorry about tonight...hope your night went well" I'm actually surprised he owned up to it. Normally the standard for the Marine is to wait two weeks and call me and act like he didn't ditch me (sad to say he has done this too many times to count) I didn't text him back anything. I honestly don't know what to say anymore with him. Part of me Saturday night wanted to text him and say "Do me a favor and loose my number" But I just couldn't do it. I know everyone is wondering what the heck is wrong with me. I'm always a advocate of ditching loser guys. But I know the Marine and I will never be a couple. And since I don't have anything else going on right now, why not? I'll just need to remember to shave my legs the next time he calls.

Running highlight of the weekend: I ran 16 miles between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning. I'm SORE.

1 comment:

Emily said...

16 miles?!?!?! holy shit, girl! you are my hero! i can barely run 16 minutes without dying. lol