Monday, September 7, 2009

I've gots a crush on somebody....

Ahhh, crushes are fun. Reminds me of back in the days when I used to chase boys around at recess trying to kiss them, writing love notes I would never give to them or driving by their house 15 times on a Friday night when I was in high school. Right Aimee?

So I'll tell you a little bit about my newest crush. I actually met Bus Driver about 3 years ago. Actually it was exactly 3 years ago this weekend. My cousin was his roommate, and he was having a going away party/Bus Driver's 25th birthday was that weekend, so me and my ex Stupid Boy went up there that weekend. Honestly, all I remember about Bus Driver was at 2am after Stupid Boy had done two-two story beer bongs in a row he wanted to go to sleep, so my cousin told me we could use the spare room. Well at 2am Bus Driver came in yelling at us that it was his mom's room for her that night and we couldn't sleep. So, that night I ended up sleeping in my sisters jeep. Flash forward to 2 1/2 years later, I'm at my cousins house again for another going away party for him (go check my post from April that I wrote about the party). My cousin no longer lives w/ Bus Driver, but Bus Driver shows up that night and starts talking to me about the job he is applying for in Middleton-Cross Plains as the head guy for bus department. I informed him that my aunt had been a driver there, so he started asking me questions about good places to live and what not. He had looked at the Mazo/Black Earth area. We chatted that night for a little bit.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and my cousin Betsy came over to my house and was saying "Hey, remember Bus Driver, he got the job in Middleton and he lives right by you" Of course my cousin being my cousin says "Since he lives close to you, I should try setting you up" hahahaha. Right. I remembered talking to him that night and thought he was pretty cute and what not.

Then last week I was talking to my aunt, the one who drives bus for him (these are different relatives on different sides, confusing YES) and she was saying how he was asking where I lived in my neighborhood since he moved right by me. She said good things about him taking over the job and what not. I think that's where the seed got planted in my brain of "cute single guy who has a great job lives right by you"

So last night Betsy and I decided to go for a hike. We were talking about my failed set up of two weeks ago and so she asked if I would be interested in Bus Driver. See, now this is the difference in being set up w/ Bus Driver compared to the last guy. I have at least met and talked to Bus Driver, he knows what I look like and I know what he looks like. But I didn't want it to be Betsy calling him up and saying "hey my cousin is single you should go out w/ her" I want to start off as friends and go from there. Which is kind of what happened last night:)

After our hike we were hanging around Betsy called her mom to get Bus Drivers cell phone number. Betsy used my phone to call him then and see what he was up to. He said he was just getting done w/ work, so Betsy said "oh well my cousin Andrea and I were just hanging out and thought you might want to come over, but if you are working" but then he said "well I just got done, so I'd love to stop over by you guys" Whoa, I didn't expect him to say that. So we went into panic mode of trying to get me to look somewhat decent for him, but not look like I was trying to hard. Betsy of course still wearing her hiking gear, we assured that me looking better than her was a plus.

So Bus Driver gets to my place and right away he looks very cute and smells really good too. The three of us sat on the couch drinking a beer and talking. We then decided to go see his place so I could figure out where the heck he lived. So we took the less than a mile walk to his house. Wow he does live close. We then hung out at his place for a while drinking some more beer, right as I was finishing mine he gave me a new one. Suh-weet. He does have a bachelor pad, but it's a nice place. We then hiked it back to my place and cracked open another beer, but my cousin was getting tired and decided to leave. So Bus driver and I sat on the couch talking. I def did a little flirting w/ him, but nothing to hardcore. He had mentioned that it was his birthday this coming Wednesday so I said I would take him out if he wanted, and to my surprise he said that would actually be pretty cool if I did. He said he had some meeting he had to attend that night, but if he didn't have to go, he would take me up on my offer. We finished our beer and he said his bed was calling him name. I of course was tempted to say "you can spend the night here" but I didn't want to come off as a whore, seeing as he works w/ my aunt. When he left he made sure he had my number and I had his, and again mentioned going out for his bday on Wednesday.

I'm going to definitely try being more friends with him to start off with and see where it goes from there. Damn it's fun to have a crush again.

No comments: