Monday, October 26, 2009

All good things come to those who wait....

Things that always seem like a good idea, but then in the end they aren't:

1. Body shots. Sure it's all fun and games until you are puking your brains out.
2. Hiking. Good idea till I roll my ankle yet again. And now I can't exercise for awhile.
3. Trying to date hot new coworker and end up having sex with him. Things get weird and now there is a whole bunch of awkwardness instead.

I'm of course mainly talking about choice number 3. Plenty of people I know have met their significant other thru work. How could it not work?

Umm cuz I royally messed it up by sleeping with the dude on the first date. Doh!

Now instead of smiling at each other and thinking, I can't wait to see you again! It's nothing. It's the blank stare of "yeah lets not even try to remember what happened" looking at the ground instead of making eye contact, coming into the break room and not saying anything to me. 2 weeks ago, HE jumped at the chance to talk to me when I was in the break room. Now he scurries away.

This sucks. As Kate told me "Andrea, you have to stop sleeping with these guys on the first date"

It's true. I did a flipping survey about it too, 9/10 people agreed. I need to stop whoring it up on the first date. Which is hard for me to do. Honestly. It's not like I'm proud of it, but we all know I like to have fun, but guess what happens when I have fun? The guys run. Far far far far away. And then guess who is not having fun anymore? This girl right here.

So, here it goes. I'm going to try to wait with the next guy.

No comments: