Friday, November 14, 2008

I hate first dates*

*Disclaimer* The reason I hate first dates is because after going on 5 first dates within 5 weeks, I'm kind of getting burned out on them. I feel like they are so fake, even with the right dude and someone who you have great chemistry over email and phone conversation and then all of a sudden you are sitting there at the table wondering, how the heck did we go from great email convos to this? Does that make sense? Ehh..well it does to me...so continue on and read about my date last night :)

My dear cousin Betsy has talked about this Kurt guy she works with for a few months now. Claiming he is a hilarious guy and what not. I always just listened in on her stories and thought they were funny. I'm sure I asked at one point if he is single because if anyone ever mentions anything about a 20 something dude, I pipe in and ask his status. About a month ago she had mentioned something about him again and all of a sudden was said "I should set you up w/ Kurt, he is a funny guy" Well, me being me, I said sure, why the heck not, I really have nothing to loose here now do I? She inquired with him about being set up and showed him a picture of me and then vice verse showed me a pic of him and gave me the description of him being "hilarious and liking to laugh" That is probably one of my main qualities I look for in guys and by looking at his picture I did find him attractive. I told her to give him my email address and he could just email me. Soooooo almost 2 1/2 weeks later he FINALLY emailed me. (not sure if Betsy had just been to busy to give him my email addy or he just wanted to make me wait for it) Right away I liked his sense of humor in email. We emailed twice and at that point he said he would want to meet me due to the fact you can't get to know anyone really over email (sweet he has my mind set about that stuff too) I gave him my number and told him to call me sometime, also since it was my birthday week last week I told him I would be busy up until this week. He called me Sunday night where we talked for a good 30min. We agreed to go out this Thursday night. And I of course was thinking this was going to be a standard "meet for drinks and then go on our way" kind of date, I was surprised when he said he would pick me up *OMG I was in shock!*(I honestly don't think I have been picked up for a first date since I was 18) and then take me out to dinner (whoa..dinner! this is an actual DATE!)

He picked me up right on time last night. Upon review, he was very cute! I was pleasantly surprised. We headed downtown to Peppino's, which is right off the square. It's kind of a nicer Italian restaurant. I really appreciated the fact that he was actually taking the time to put thought into this date. He opened my car door, dropped me off at the restaurant so he could park the car so I didn't have to walk in the rain (yeah my jaw was pretty much dropped on the floor by him being this nice) The restaurant was a nice cozy little place, nothing to romantic that wanted to make me vomit though. I think at first we had the first date jitters of blah conversation (the kind I so dislike) but that quickly changed into good funny conversation (I think this happened right after I took a way to big chunk of salad and had the obvious, "Oh crap I shouldn't have taken that big of a bite, and now I have way to much food in my mouth" We totally relaxed and laughed the whole rest of the time. At one point I almost choked on my water for something funny he was talking about. We probably sat there for a good 2 1/2 hours talking and eating. Good times! He had thought he could walk around down town for a bit after dinner but w/ the down pouring of rain, that didn't seem like that great of an idea. We then just drove back to my house and I invited him in real quick to show him my place (alright everyone get your mind out of the gutter, nothing happened) I had mentioned that I was going to a concert Friday night of Buckcherry and Avenged Sevenfold (who happens to be my newest band obsession right now..I might go after M.Shadows the lead singer tonight) he said his friend had invited him to that show and he wasn't sure if he wanted to go or not. I said well I'll be there so if you decide to go, give me a call and we can meet up. So we said bye and I went to bed.

Date rating: 8.75/10

He has a ton of potential and is what I'm looking for in a guy. I just want to get past the first date crap, but I guess the only way I can get past that is if I go on a 2nd date huh? :)

1 comment:

Cindi said...

The way you started out the blog, I thought this was going to be a total bust! That's awesomet that it was a great first date!